26 March 2008

friends making art


my friend Ascot J. Smith recently updated his website giving us glimpses into the short films and installations that spew out his head. To describe ascot's work is always hard, but imagine a guy who is fascinated and disgusted with pop culture that makes films that are dressed in metaphors that usually are performed in a comedic matter but always dealing with issues we all go through. I think in music I am always drawn to artists that sing/rap about issues that are close to home and truthful.... I find these similar interest draw me to Ascot's work. Without trying to talk up his work too much, i'll let you head on over and go through some of it -- some clips are still being updated, as is the website as a whole, but the bare bones are up -- so get to looking! w0rd.

No comments: